What can a pregnant lady do to stay in shape?

Rindy139

Asked by Rindy139 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Were you in an exercise program before you got pregnant? You can do a modified version of that if so ---Talk to Your Doctor First. As long as you are not on bedrest walking is great exercise. I highly recommend it. So do most doctors. I loved walking. It got me out of the house, got fresh air, all that good stuff. There are pregnancy dvds that you can get. Again --talk with your doc. He or she knows you better than we do.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• YOGA modified!!!! It's good for breathing and helps keep you stretched out...oh and modified pilates. Walking is also good for you and swimming. I know it's cold right now but maybe you can find a heated indoor pool.
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 10:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I do pregnancy ballet and yoga. I love it. I also walk on the treadmill when I go with my friends to the gym. I'm not doing as much as I did before but simple exercise routines are ok. My dr said if you're ok then the babies should be and to just not push myself.
    SkylaDarling

Answer by SkylaDarling at 11:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Lots and lots of walking :) That is all i did and i only gained baby weight.
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 12:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• they told me to walk just walk
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 12:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• walk, swim, go to the gym. there are lots of things you can do. even doing stuff around the house and yard count as "exercise."
    AgentBrez

Answer by AgentBrez at 2:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2010