Tell me about your toddler. Challenges and Advice.

My son is 2 (almost 25 months). I don't thinks he's that bad, but I have days where I feel like all I'm doing is yelling at him. Please tell me about the greatest challenge you are having and any great advice you've picked up.

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have two daughters. One is almost 3 and one is 18 months. My almost 3 year old has recently started with tantrums and talking back. I find that the best advice I have gotten to get through them is to ignore her tantrums, not giving her the attention she wants makes her realize that tantrums won't help her get what she wants. Also, I'm having a hard time getting rid of the pacifier with both of them. Someone suggested taking them to the Build-a-Bear workshop and letting them make a bear, then putting the pacifier inside the bear. So, we are going to try that one.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My daughter is 28 months old. She is a very happy kid, but she has her stubborn moments. Usually when I tell her she can't do something...lol. She has a couple of screaming tantrums each day, but I try to talk to her as calmly as possible, reiterating what I want her to do (or not do). I don't yell and I don't spank. The best advice I can give you is to be patient with your tot. They are at an age where they are pushing boundaries.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2010