Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do first

Last night on a monday no less my neighbors decided to have a party . I don't mind do what you want if youre grown. BUT when my child is waking up all night because your party is way out of hand way past 1am :qusetion should I or s/o go over and asked them to keep it down or would you call the cops for faster results to get them to quiet it down. I love the neighborhood very much but really on a monday you wanna party and be loud .


Asked by waitin4u at 10:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 13 (1,336 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • I disagree...I say call the cops. The cops don't tell the idiots who called....and if they're THAT loud, then any one of your neighbors could be the caller. We have a "family" like that, and the rest of the neighbors just take turns calling the cops...yeah, they're THAT bad.

    Answer by DMac08 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

  • I would just go over there and ask them to quiet it down, everyone hates the person that calls the cops lol.

    Answer by Keyonsmom at 11:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

  • I would ask first,if they didn't do anything then call the cops.Who cares if they no you called the cops.You tried to go to them first.Its like this, I will respect you if you respect me.

    Answer by bucky77 at 12:12 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • I would have called the cops if it was that outrageous, if it was that loud and it was a party you going over there asking them to turn it down they are just going to ignore u, but not so much the cops

    Answer by patsymay84 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • my common wall neighbor has kids that are always having parties....I called the cops on them once and she was so upset with me!! she wanted to know how I could ruin their fun like that? ohh and they were scared and ran through the bushes.....never occurred to her that the kids ran because they were guilty. so now when they have parties I ignore it, because it falls on deaf ears.

    Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:09 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • I would first send DH over to talk to them if they do not settle then I would call the cops and request no follow-up...tell them no to the police contact afterwards...

    Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:28 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • Absolutely call the cops, depending on where you are it's illegal to be extra loud after/before certain times.

    Answer by Dakshayani at 4:33 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • call the cops

    Answer by horsesteelers at 9:54 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • Call the cops you don't want to go over and then they don't quiet down. So just call the cops.

    Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 3, 2010