Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Has anyone modified their divorce due to constant issues with thier ex? If so how did it turn out?

My ex-husband is constantly putting my kids on an emotional roller coaster ride he asks them to spy on me and report back to him, he has given them a cell phone and they aren't allowed to have my number in it nor can they call me on it, he bad mouth's them constantly to them, he tells them to keep important life secrets from me such as he is trying to have them baptized without my consent, he told them they needed to think about if they want to still live with me or is it time to move on then when they decided they wanted to stay with me he got angry with them and has used many different guilt tactics on them to make them feel like if they don't do it then they don't love him. HELP frustrated and not sure what I should do.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (5)
  • Are you asking about changing the custody/visitation agreement? I don't personally have experience with this, but if there's anything I've learned from seeing others go through it, it's that you should start journaling all these things he's doing to them. Then if/when you get to court, you will have something definite to show the judge instead of just depending on your memory or generalizing. Good luck!

    Answer by Adelicious at 12:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • Agree with PP. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING. Journal everything... the time of day, date. bruises, crying, cell phone stuff, whatever your kids tell you.. write it down! The more evidence you have against him, the better.

    Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:28 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • I already keep a journal and have been for a while but it seems as my boys get older his antics get worse. I am at my ropes end with him and I know anything I do is going to cause problems for my kids but at the same time they are getting hurt so I can't keep doing nothing.

    Answer by danis3plus2 at 12:39 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • DOCUMENTATION and requesting that the court provide separate legal counsel or a liaison for the minor children...I requested separate legal liaison for my children and they were able to tell this liaison everything from the abuse to the manipulations and the liaison only speaks in court FOR THE CHILDREN. They are not allowed to talk to you or the father just the children both legal counsel (lawyers) and the court. I would speak to your family court office and ask about the availability of a liaison. GL.


    Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:54 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • Also ask for a child interview with the court conciliators...They also place recommendations to the court in regards to visitations and such...They interviewed my children seperately and recommended that their father have supervised visitations and Anger management counseling for 2 years...

    Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:56 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.