why am i not getting pregnant I'v been trying for so long

stevoboss60

Asked by stevoboss60 at 9:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Try and clam down maybe not think about and stress it will happen in due time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• There can be a number of reasons, the only thing you can really do is go see your doctor and find out. Alot of the time the reason can be fixed...I had scar tissue covering my cervix and was unable to get pregnant after it was removed almost painlessly i know have the most beautiful child. Dont worry it may not be anything serious or perhaps its just not your time to have them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Go to see a reproductive endocrinologist. They can do testing to see if there is an underlying problem. No one here can answer that question for you.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:10 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• LOL, decide you don't want to get pregnant anymore. Thats what I did. I wasn't supposed to be able to get pregnant but our fertility doc wanted us to try naturally for 5 months. At 4 months of trying I decided I wanted to wait another year. One month later I was 4 weeks pregnant.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 10:22 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Have you ever been pregnant? How long have you been trying?
    We tried a year and when i got pregnant and i went to my dr appt, she said that i have a tilted uterus. She explained thats why I have not been able to. I guess its harder for the sperm to get to where it needs to go. If you have any questions just let me know. Good luck!
    Tamara_Fisher

Answer by Tamara_Fisher at 11:44 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Go on vacation and get drunk. Forget about trying and just have a good time w/ your significant other.
    cjennifer81

Answer by cjennifer81 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Are you charting your temperature? Are you having sex when you are suppose to? How long have you been actively trying? I suffer from infertility due to PCOS and my gosh is it trying(emotionally). I tried for years each time. Vitex-all natural vitamin, helps. Losing weight if overweight helps, gaining weight if underweight helps. Ovulation predictor tests help. Prayer helps. Talk to your dr if it has been over 6 months and you have kids already or has been a yr and you have no other kids. Good Luck.
    linnea143

Answer by linnea143 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I can't believe someone just told a woman who is trying to get pregnant(obviously not using birth control) to go get drunk. Contrary to what you may have heard ONE time getting drunk esp in the first 12 weeks can cause Fetal Alcohol Affect. I deal with a child like this every day because her mother was a moron and got drunk before she even knew she was pregnant. '
    If you drink abstain or make sure you are using birth control Preach it to your neighbors, your daughters, your friends.
    Anonymous

• It took us 1 1/2 years and it finally happened. We did lot of praying though.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I bought this ovulation predictor from longs it was expensive, but I peed on a stick when it told me too and it taught me when I ovulated, also I got pregnant with it and so did the three women I loaned it to. Good luck and relax!!
    Lisa
    www.bumpfashion.com
    bumpfashion

Answer by bumpfashion at 6:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2008