SIMILAC MILK IS MAKING MY DAUGHTER CONSTIPATED AND GASSY

MY DAUGHTER STARTED WITH SIMILAC FORMULA AND IT GOT HER CONSTIPATED AND GASSY...I SWITCH HER TO INFAMIL AND IT GOT HER BOWLS MOVEMENTS NORMAL BUT KNOW THAT WE DONT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY IT I SWITCH HER BACK TO SIMILAC (i get it from WIC) AND THE CONSTIPATION AND GASES STARTED -- I GIVE HER KARO SYRUP BUT DOSNT WORK ANY MORE WITH HER ANY ADVISE FOR CONSTIPATION??? SHE 7 MONTHS OLD

Genesis29

Asked by Genesis29 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that happened with my daughter too, i switched to nestle good start..and it was awesome!! she didnt have any problems..and better yet, it was cheaper!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Ask your case worker if you can switch to Enfamil on your WIC checks. Shouldn't be a problem, where I'm from, Enfamil is cheaper than Similac anyway... AND there was a recent recall on Similac where it was yanked from the shelves for a few weeks. Worth calling to ask! I gave DS Enfamil after my milk dried up, and he did fantastic on it. If I have to feed formula this time around too, I'll use Enfamil again.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• WIC covers Enfamil for us
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 11:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• When you change her diaper, run her legs...move them gently like she is running. This will help with constipation. Make sure you hold the bottle up so she is not getting air in the nipple when she is sucking.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My children had to take Prosobee soya base formula.
    SwtRose

Answer by SwtRose at 11:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Definitely ask your WIC case worker about switching do to your child's discomfort. Here they make you get a doctors note (basically a prescription) for an alternate formula but they usually will change it without to much fuss.
    danis3plus2

Answer by danis3plus2 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Are you feeding her a lot of solids?
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 11:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I agree with danis3. But first try a soy formula. My son had a problem with fussiness, spitting up, and constipation. Turns out he was allergic to milk. Try the soy formula first - they will usually either give you a can to try or switch your benefits for a month. Otherwise, ask for a dr.'s slip to hopefully switch.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• deff let your doc know and they will make it to where they have to change her formula if you recieve wic
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I HAVE GIVE HER A FEW SOLIDS FOOD BUT NOT REGULARLY
    Genesis29

Comment by Genesis29 (original poster) at 2:50 AM on Nov. 3, 2010