Is it totally wrong for me to date a 19 year old if I'm 32?

So for like 3 months he is after me and i keep saying Im to old but he's benn persistant. Doesn"t care i have three kids either and says I'm being silly about worrying about the age. I just wonder why is it ok for an older guy to fate a younger girl but not for a woman?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Seems kinda creepy if ya' know what I mean but there really isn't anything wrong with it I guess. Have fun but don't expect long-term commitment.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• If you're both single, living independently (he's not still at his mom's), have jobs...who cares? My guess though, is that he just wants to "tap" what you've got. Being 19, he more than likely has very little life experience....what does he bring to the table for you AND YOUR KIDS?????
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 11:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Nope. You're both legal, your both single... What do numbers matter? Enjoy yourself!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My daughter is 20 and her boyfriend is eight years her elder. I had a problem with it at first, but given his maturity level I see why he is attracted to her. I now have other problems with the relationship.

Anyhow, I think you have to ask yourself what can someone 13 years younger than you bring to this relationship and will he be in it for the long run? How old is your oldest?

I'm 41 and could not see myself with someone 28.
    SwtRose

Answer by SwtRose at 11:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Why not? You are two consenting adults. A 32 year old man could date a 19 year old woman and no one would care. But as someone said previously, don't expect too much out of it, be realistic, and go in to it with your eyes open.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I just want to say that I think you should go for it.. if I wasn't married I would fulfill my bucket list goal of being a cougar just once.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 11:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i cant say that its wrong or illegal but yes i think its very wierd. i would think of you as a pedophile to be honest. a 19 yr old is a child, just out of highschool and you are a grown women. i would stick with someone your own age. women go with older mena nd men with younger women because women mature faster then men.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:09 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Hmmm, I am only 25 and would never think to date someone that young. JMO! I know alot of people date alot younger then themselves (men and women!). Legally nothing is wrong with it. As long as he is mature enough to respect your kids and respect that you have kids, then fine.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 12:16 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• As the mother of a 19 year old son, I'd have a problem with it. As long as he's living at home I wouldn't want him dating someone that much older....I'd kind of wonder about a 32 year old woman who wanted to date a boy that young!! And I would fell the same way if it was my daughter that was 19, and a 32 year old man. I do think it would be different if he were maybe 25, not 19. Even if he's mature from his age, that realtionship is just a little creepy.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:20 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• You are both legal, so do what you wanna do.
    But to be honest, if you still have a lot in common wil a 19 y/o, you need to grow up. And you need to let this guy live his life. 19 is the prime of your adulthood. DO you want to steal that from him? I guess if you arent looking for anything long-term, it might be fun. But long-term, I think its wrong on many levels.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:49 AM on Nov. 3, 2010