So what do you think?

Ok to make a long story short.....
I think that she is trying to "pay" me back because when I had my two girls I did not allow visitors until they both were six weeks old. (They had health issues, everything resloved now) My oldest was born and had a fever, breathing problems (minor) and was on meds for two weeks. My youngest spend a 1 1/2 weeks in the NICU for a lung problems....Alot worse than my oldest. So, I did not want to risk the infection possiblity when they came home.
Now, my friend is telling me that I can not come see her child because she does not want to risk infection but I see pictures on facebook of her taking her two week child out and people (mostly friends of hers) posting comments about how they got to see her....Should I be bothered by this and how would you handle this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• It sounds as though her feelings were hurt, that she thought she was a more special friend than those who were kept away from your children. So she is paying you back for her hurt feelings. I'd say just let it go and go see her baby when she is ready for you to. If you value her friendship, just forget about what you are seeing as a petty slight.

Answer by Bmat at 11:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Doesn't seem like a very good friend. Don't waste your time, and sleep soundly.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I agree. You deserve a friend who is not so petty.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 11:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I'd ask her. Maybe I'd say, "Hey, I see you're little one has been seeing other people, is there some reason you want me to stay away?" If you're just going to cut her off, you might as well give it one shot.... what have you got to lose?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:02 AM on Nov. 3, 2010