should i talk to her?

I cut someone off about for month ago because I felt like she was drama I didn't need and that she was really needy. Well she's been emailing,texting and calling but I avoid reply. My husband says I should lighten up. What do you think?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• One word: BOUNDARIES. You decide what kind of friend you're going to be, and you be it. You determine what kinds of activities are really benefiting your friend and what activities are making her dependent in an unhealthy way. You're honest with her about her risky behaviors and poor parenting. You confront her lies. And you be loyal. You might be the best thing that ever happened to her. If she doesn't like the friendship you offer, let her walk away. You just set a boundary and say to yourself, I'm not going on that side of it. I'm not going to drive her everywhere when she needs the motivation to get her own wheels. I'm not going to act like it's ok that she's sleeping with married men. And I'm not going to be around to be treated badly.

Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Perhaps she was needy because she needed a friend?
    SwtRose

Answer by SwtRose at 11:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• If you felt like she was drama it must of been for a good reason maybe you should have a good talk with her and just let her now how you feel and see how she responds to that after that if you still aren't sure whether youshould to talk to her or not then the best thing would be for you just to stop talking to her
    cg7

Answer by cg7 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• did something really bad happen? If its forgivable then id give her a chance to explain herself
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Honestly... no, you should stay the hell away. People like that will suck the life out of you. Be thankful she is no longer a "friend"
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• She wanted rides everywhere, she was preg,single sleeping with married men. Her car broke down in my driveway and she left it there for three weeks. Borrowed my spare car,never put gas in it, it broke down and she called us to put gas in because she had no $$. Never paid it back. She copped a tude when I asked for my car back. I found out she had an expired license. So she lied to me.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010