How do I make it easier for the seperation when I leave my new baby at the sitters?

Im a first time mom and its getting hard to imagine leaving my baby with the sitter my husband and i have chosen. I understand times are tough and I have to get back to work but how do I make it easier for me? The thought that I have in my head is that I will be missing her first everythings crawl, pull up, steps, words and much more. Anyone know what im going threw?

karminia

Asked by karminia at 11:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I went through it with my daughter. It was so hard to leave her and she was with my SIL to start! I highly recommend telling your sitter not to tell you when she does something new such as rolling over, crawling and what not. Whether your baby does it first for you or not, you should be able to experience it as a first. My SIL called me the first time my DD rolled over. I know she thought she was doing me a favor, but it broke my heart. When we finally found a permanent sitter, she made a point of not telling us things like that, which I appreciated so much. Also, just give yourself some time to adjust. It does get less heart wrenching as time goes on. Is there a way that you can start back doing shorter days at first? That's what I did and it really did help me transition to going back to work. Good luck!

lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 12:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Ugh... so sorry mama. I could NOT do it. I'd rather be dirt poor than leave my kid with someone and miss all that. Is there NO other way? I really thing being with your kid is the biggest priority, even if it means living without. Hang in there!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Kiss her and say see you later (not goodbye) with a smile and don't look back while you walk away! Good luck!
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 12:37 AM on Nov. 3, 2010