I know this probably shouldnt upset me.. But I cant help but to feel hurt.. adult content

Okay, this may sound stupid to some people.. But, I cook nearly everyday for my family (myself, DH & DS) and personally I love cooking, and I think I am good at it, Ive gotten compliments nearly every time I cook for others aside from my family.. But for some reason every time I ask my DH how the food is he just says "Ehh, its okay" Well, I made him something he requested yesterday, and I thought it was very good, took alot of time to make. Took some leftovers to my MILs today and before she got some she said, "It looks good" and my husband goes, "Ehh its okay, definitely not yours" Like he has compared my cooking to hers on multiple occasions. Im only 21 and have been doing the home-made stuff for about a year, and everyone else likes my food.. Well his entire family said it was delicious.. But it just bugs me that no matter what it is I just feel like its not good enough.. Its really starting to hurt my feelings. What to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• From now on when you have sex and he says "wow that was great" just say "eh, it was okay....." See how he likes that. I'll tell you that if my sons ever did that to their wife, I'd be very upset with them. (They are around your age) Give him a little of his own medicine!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:24 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I guess feed him mac 'n' chz or tuna helper or spaghettios for a week or so, and let him really figure it out.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:05 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• deff explain to him how you feel and how he made you feel..let him know it took alot of your time and effort to make this for him and you thought he would love it!! good luck ..and you have a right to feel this way ..i would probly be upset too...
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Make him sandwiches until he appoligizes...lol that will teach him...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:29 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• he sounds like a momma's boy (nothing like yours mommy) If my husband did that to me I would make his favorite meal up then make him a bologna sandwich for dinner while I ate the other meal in front of him, tell him since its just ok to him and you LOVE it, its only fair that you get the entire meal and the left overs. Oh and I agree with the other poster, from now on sex is just "eh, ok"
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• ohwrite has made a great point....I would try it a few times and follow it up with "Oh honey it was just a joke."
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:12 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Tell him how you fell, I agree. If you get no reaction, do what I did - I went on strike ! I stopped cooking, unless he was not at home. He didn't like my food, and actually complained about it or would get up from the table and fix a sandwich or microwave something, so I told him, OK, you cook then. He's been cooking now for over 15 years !! He also didn't like what I bought at the grocery store, so now he does that all too. If he likes his own cooking better than yours, let him cook for you - you have enough to do anyway !! Cook when you want to or when he's not home. I know it makes you mad and hurt, but don't let it - it's HIS problem, so turn it around on him !! GL !!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 9:19 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• tell him how you feel and stop cooking for him - then he'll miss it!
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• let him no how your feeling and no i dont think its stupid for you to be hurt, i would be too. good luck
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• yea i would be a little upset, he shouldn't of made that remark there was no need for it
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 12:00 AM on Nov. 3, 2010