whats this mean for my baby and i??

So at 20 weeks my baby boy was described to me as large and they were going to keep an eye on it. At 24 weeks I was measuring 4 weeks ahead and they said were going to do an ultrasound if ur still measuring large next month and determine if he's just large or if the due dates wrong. I went in today due to pain in my back really bad and couldn't walk well. I am 27 weeks tmrw and I am measurung 33 weeks. Dr. Set up an ultrasound for next week. But he didn't say much. What does this mean?? Do I need to worry?? Is something wrong??

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 11:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Maybe you have extra fluid~ sometimes it's baby's position, it's the tech doing the measuring, it's the wrong due date or a "big" baby, sometimes it's a hidden twin (but should measure more--).
    I would first guess extra fluid.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:04 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I'd not worry. watch your posture and use a yoga ball for sitting on. It will help with your back. You also might want to consider seeing a Chiropractor.
    Big babies are sturdy! :)
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:14 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i've had two big babies and they were both perfectly healthy. I delivered DS #1 at 36 weeks in June of 2006 due to complications of him being big (i was induced) he was 9lbs and delivered DS #2 naturally just this year in August at 38 weeks. he was 9lbs 7oz. make sure they try and get as accurate as possible during the measuring...my ultrasound tech was dead on both times and knew exactly when I would deliver.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 12:25 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I am dated by sonogram at 37wks, and I am measuring 41wks. I have measured ahead 4 weeks my whole pregnancy, up to 33wks when I only measured 34, but two weeks later (at 35wks) I measured 39 and burst with stretchmarks, so they did an ultrasound and declared I was, in fact, only 35wks. The only conclusion we have been able to come to is that my baby is balled up in the front and is large. And that's ok! The only reason I would worry about measuring big is if there was too much fluid (in which case your OB/GYN would tell you and treat you) or if there was a defect with baby. Apparently neither are the case for you so far, so I would just enjoy the fact that baby isn't in your back and is healthy!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:36 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I went through the same thing... for the first few measurements my son measured 6 weeks older lol... freaked me out a bit. They kept doing ultrasounds and worked out the due date. Turned out i had a big baby, carried very far forward and had more fluid than usual. I ended up being induced at exactly 39 weeks and had a healthy 8lb 7oz 21.5" long baby boy :)
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 12:38 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My dr. kept telling me my son was going to be a BIG baby.he said it so much I was worried..10 lb.-15 lb. babies run in my husbands family...I was so worried... my son was 8 lbs.
    Marinemom03

Answer by Marinemom03 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• the worst thing is to worried just let the doc to hisor her job if there is something worng they will find it.
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 12:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Did you google it?
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2010