Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Vagina Problem :( adult content

So, I'm an idiot. My husband and I were using a certain cream that is used for men only during oral and a bit of it kind of ended up in/near the opening of my vagina. I think that is what has caused the burning and itching I am experiencing now. There is no discharge. In fact it feels extremely dry like I want to lotion it or use a lube or something. I'm miserable. And to make matters worse I shaved recently and now the hairs that are growing back are rubbing against the area and making matters much worse. It's been a few days and the irritation has cause my vagina to get all red and irritated looking :(, and it is starting to smell a little bad. I also have not been drinking enough water. I am positive it's not a STD unless I got it from a toilet. I'm pretty sure it's irritation and/or possibly an infection now....It's similar to what used to happen when I used to douche. Any ideas for what is can be of what to do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Health

Answers (11)
  • What creme were you using? You can always rub a little warmed olive oil on it for moisture. I would go to the doc just to make sure you don't have a serious side effect.

    Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 12:17 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • I have no idea. But if u think its infected you better get in and get some meds.

    Answer by randibosin at 12:17 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • the doc is probably your best bet for finding a cure and quick. if its been going on for a few days id schedule an appt in the morning, good luck

    Answer by meagan678 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • i agree with all previous answers...go see a doc...if you just shved you could have an infection if you cut urself and didnt know it, or you could be allergic to the cream...what kind of cream was it??

    Answer by travisnowensmom at 12:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • You could always try a little hydrocortizone cream for a few days, and if that doesn't help, try using some lanolin to moisturize. I wouldn't use any oils because it doesn't allow the skin beneath to "breathe."

    Answer by matobe at 12:26 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • go see a doctor girl you could of started an infection there it could get worse

    Answer by Genesis29 at 4:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • I'd go to the Dr. Or maybe some vagisil

    Answer by sstepph at 9:21 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • Go to the doctor or call them asap. You may have an infection or you could even be allergic to something in the creame you used. It needs to be examined.

    Good luck!

    Answer by Memigen at 12:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • sounds like a yeast infection... call the dr... no biggy

    Answer by asil at 7:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • have you looked up symptoms of vulvanitis? check into that and it could be a uti and yeast infection at the same time and magnified by the hairs poking you there

    Answer by mommywood13 at 12:12 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
Worried about my 2yr old!

Next question overall (Entertainment)
Debbie Macomber....

Recently Bumped in Life & Home
If you are interested!