Dealing with a toddler and morning sickness?

How do you deal with having morning sickness and taking care of your other children, especially if they're a toddler and still need a lot of your attention? My husband's job has him home for three weeks and away for three, so I don't know how I'm going to take care of my daughter (18 months old) while I just want to lay in bed all day! Any advice?

MollieDoll

Asked by MollieDoll at 12:38 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My toddler was 18 months old when i was pregnant with our now 5 1/2 month old. My husband was deployed for a month before we found out i was pregnant. i used to sit her in the bath while i was faced in the toilet so i could keep an eye on her or lay on the couch with a bucket while she played in front of me with toys. its hard beleive me i know as i spent a whole year basically a single parent and giving birth while he was away.... but trust me you'll be fine :)
    ArmyAngel18

Answer by ArmyAngel18 at 2:18 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• You'll get through this! Promise. My DH can be gone up to 3 days at a time, up to a 28 hour drive from home. I know it isn't 3 weeks at a time, but I'm 37wks, huge, and can barely load my 18mo DS into his car seat without struggling and losing my breath. Morning sickness is nothing on fatigue and swollen legs and sporadic contractions. Remember, it will be over before you know it!

Just don't end up another Lindsay Pope. Please.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:42 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have a 23 month old and a 3 month old (and older kids that are 9, 10, and 13), so I've been there. When I was pregnant with my 9 year old my ex would be gone for up to 2 weeks at a time, and I had my now 10 year old and my now 13 year old who is special needs! Find some calm things that your 18 month old enjoys doing - it's not going to ruin her to let her watch some kid friendly dvd's or nick jr. Fix easy meals - pasta, frozen veggies, etc. Do as much as you can at times that you're feeling okay, if there is a time of day that you feel better than others.Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 9:04 AM on Nov. 3, 2010