homeschool ideas..

I need ideas on 2 seperate things dealing with homeschooling.

1. I have a large room in our new home that is going to be the classroom and i need some ideas on how to decorate. There are large windows along one wall, and I have 3 kid desks and the teacher desk, a large chalkboard taking up one wall. I thought about paint it light yellow with simple window treatments and do light colored numbers and letters on the walls, or maybe an animal theme, or just alot of different colors ?

2. Right now it is just my 5 year old daughter, next year it will be my son and my best friends son ( which is why i already have the 3 desks) . I have an actual teacher who teaches them but it is up to me ( and my friend next year) to come up with the activites, and I am having a hard time coming up with "gym" activites for 5 - 6 years olds and also field trips ( besides the zoo, museums, "the normals" ). Any Ideas ? Thanks !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• National parks are great for free/low cost trips. I used thematic units by "teacher created materials" Each have bulletin board ideas. and follow literature to teach lessons. A calming yellow or green is condusive to a relxing atmosphere. Here is my lesson learned the hard way....no food in class. Gym activities for the winter months could be ice skating lessons, regular skating (depending on where you live) wii outdoor adventure is also great.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 1:07 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My young children in school have had field trips to the zoo, aquarium, pumpkin patch and local businesses like banks, stores and factories. There may be seasonal festivals or functions that would be good for field trips.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 1:11 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Check out the homeschool groups in your area. They have lots of field trips, some even have days for classes so the kids can interact.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 2:12 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Field trip ideas... Nature hike (you can buy a dissecting kit online to do with them. I once dissected an owl pellet) a farm, an orchard, ice skating is lots of fun, a sporting event, a dam... our home school association when I was younger made a "yearbook" which was more like a scrap book with pictures from all of our field trips.
    alicia.b21

Answer by alicia.b21 at 2:46 AM on Nov. 3, 2010