trying to get pregnant some tips

like how often? what cycle day should i start having intercourse? just some good tips

tthomas1992

Asked by tthomas1992 at 1:01 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Generally every other day. Start around day 10, and go until around day 17. You want sperm ready and waiting when your egg is released, and this will help.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:03 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have heard that the best time to conceive is 14 days after the first day of your period, so you should be more active during the days surrounding that time. Also, weight loss makes you ovulate (or something crazy like that- my Dr. told me that's prob why I conceived my third son, because I had recently shed about 20 pounds). Keep it fun and intimate- try not to make it into a schedule or science. Best of luck to you!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 1:16 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Start at 7 days after your period and go every day from what I have read(and done). I got preggers on the first try with all 3 pregnancies doing this. Coincidence? I think not ;-)

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:23 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i believe the best time is around the 13-16 day after your period. This is what has worked for us though i wasn't trying to concieve. however i think my husband was tracking me and trying LOLOLOL he won . i didn't. Ha. But we are happy to be having another baby. i often tease him that he keeps track of my period so he can be a one day wonder and make babies without effort. LOL.. i think it really does work.
    so for instance my last menses was on september 7th. i think i concieved on september 19. or 20th (infact i'm pretty sure) since it was the only time for us.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:57 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• oh you should use an ovulation calculator . it will tell you the best time. just keep track of the first day of your last period. i use this
    http://www.babycenter.com/ovulation-calculator
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:00 AM on Nov. 3, 2010