teething or virus??

took my baby to the dr today cause he had an amazing amount of poopy diapers so they told me to bring him in to make sure he is not dehyrated..I think its teething..looser stools,constant drool,slight fever, gnawing fingers,irritable but doctor says it could be a virus or teething she doesnt really know..whatcha think??

socalikim

Asked by socalikim at 1:20 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like teething but it's flu season so look for more virus like behavior but personally I wouldn't worry.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:34 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I believe mommy know best honey and that your sweet little angel might be teething. But it is always better to just get him checked and see. Make sure you have some frozen nanners or some pop sicles handy he might need them for either one. They will both help with upset stomach if it is a virus and if not they will feel amazing on the teeth-to-be... good luck honey... pretty soon your little one will have an amazing smile :)
    liltxnchic

Answer by liltxnchic at 3:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• sounds like teething to me too. but dang if the doctor doesn't know.. heck.. what do i know. LOl.. try different teething tools. my baby just went throught this a couple of days ago.. her's was a mixture of teething and cold. she's better now from the cold . are your baby's gum red and swollen?
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:07 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• not too red but yes swollen hes feeling a litte better today..poor lil guy :( I have one of those mesh nets I put an ice in and he loves it..think Im gonna try the tablets
    socalikim

Comment by socalikim (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• teething.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 4:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2010