Could you be a surrogate?

Do you think you could carry a child and "give it away"? Could you be a surrogate?

Petite.Amante

Asked by Petite.Amante at 1:49 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• If I was a surrogate that just carried a baby for some one else, but it was theirs, yes. I have considered it for my cousin and her DH. I couldn't carry a baby that was my egg & some one else's sperm. I wouldn't be able to give the baby up.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 1:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i am not strong enough to carry a baby for 9 months and then" give it away". i am a very attached person.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 2:00 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Don't know about the "give it away" thing, but never want to be pregnant so definately couldn't be a surrogate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yes. For someone I knew, and cared for. For someone I knew would be a good parent, I'd definitely do it. I've offered for my sister already.
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 2:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• No. I couldn't do it in any circumstances. If I carry it the baby is mine. I could never picture parting with him or her.
    Miss_Angela

Answer by Miss_Angela at 4:14 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• No way! There's only one way I'll ever be pregnant again: That is to have a little sister for my son (hopefully).
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 4:16 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i could for my sisters or best friends but not for a complete stranger. I've already told my 2 besties and both my sisters that if in order for them to have a child someone else had to carry it for them I'd do it. They'd just have to be there with me every step of the way AND if I can't drink...neither can they!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 4:23 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I would do it in extreme circumstances (such to help my sister to have one) but is also the issue on my husband's opinion...Is a lot involved more than the pregnancy itself!

Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 6:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• yes. provided the couple who needed an "oven" paid for all the pregnancy related medical expenses and some extra food :D i would have no problem doing that. :)
    americanadian25

Answer by americanadian25 at 9:26 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• It depends on who it is and their situation.
    Army108th

Answer by Army108th at 9:27 AM on Nov. 3, 2010