not sure whats going on with me...

My youngest is now 5 1/2 months old and sleeps through the night. Shes good as gold and her sister is jsut as good even though she has her days being a 2 year old . I'm not sure if this has to do with having a child.... but i noticed when i had my period last that the cramps were so bad that it felt like i was in labor with my youngest all over again. I went to the er for it and they gave me percacet but im worried that when i start my period again it will aso be just painful. Has anyone had this before? Ive also been extremely tired, and my body's been very achey lately and ive had moodswings which are abnormal for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Health

• I think just to be on the safe side you should go to the OB, wouldn't hurt to rule out anything serious. Could be nothing of course. If you don't have insurance (like me) there should be women's clinics nearby that do affordable exams. Or you could ask a real doctor on askthedoctor.com or another similar site.
    I hope it's nothing serious, I understand the pain.
    Dakshayani

Answer by Dakshayani at 2:19 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Hormones are constantly changing. How old are you? Did you breast feed and stop? Do you still? Has anything in your daily diet or activity changed? Are you stressed with work or friends, family or even your DH/SO? Think about things like that. I hope you called your dr after your ER visit but if your next period is bad like that make a drs appt this time and have your dr do a full work up to see whats going on.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 2:20 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I heard your periods get worse after having a baby. I get the same way, I tried BC but it made it worse, so I just take it easy. drink lots of water and IB and relax. Seems to help somewhat
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:19 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I would call my OB and talk to her to see what she says.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:47 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• talk to your OB... but it sounds like low iron to me... painful cramps, bleeding, tired, lightheaded... and even the mood swings...
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2010