cookie baking advice?????? please?

OK, trying to make cookie cutouts. I didn't even make my own dough and I screwed them up. I have the betty crocker sugar cookie mi that I'm using and no I still can't make them. I put the dough on a floured surface,floured my rolling pin,placed the cutters but now the cookies are stuck to the table. UGH! Why? Any ideas,comments, or suggestions? Someone please help me.

NickNRyansMom2

Asked by NickNRyansMom2 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Try spraying a metal spatula with Pam and scooping them up with that.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 8:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• try more flour on table
    Anonymous

• with the betty crocker stuff, I had to mix more flour into it to get it to roll out right.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 8:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I mix flour with powdered sugar, and use a lot of it. This doesn't dry the cookies out so much, but allows for enough dry stuff to keep them from sticking.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 8:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Also, if your kitchen is too warm, or your dough is too warm, your cookies can stick more then, too.

Also, dip your cutter into the flour, give it a little tap to get the excess off, and then cut the cookies with it, they will come out of the rest of the dough easier that way.

You can also try rolling it out on wax or parchment paper, but you need to be very careful with this that you don't end up tearing the paper and having bits of that in your cookies.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• The easiest way ever to make cookie cut outs is to roll the dough right on the baking pan, use the cookie cutters to make the shapes you want, and peel off the excess. If it's a particularly sticky dough, lightly "flour" the pan with powdered sugar as well as your rolling pin. Everything is already on the pan, you don't have to worry about them tearing or becoming misshapen during transfer to the cookie sheet, and it's less mess.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:41 AM on Nov. 1, 2008