TV for babies under 2??

WhitneyMommyOf2

Asked by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:24 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Babies under 2 have so much brain development going on then they EVER will at any other age... I wouldn't let mine watch t.v. unless he was watching that Your Baby Can Read Program. Now he is 15 months and I will only let him watch clips of t.v. of things that I think are educational (like for learning his ABC's & nursery rhymes). I also let him watch videos of our family and music because I notice he enjoys it.. but pointless or mindless TV gets a BIG NO NO for this age..
    Miss_Angela

Answer by Miss_Angela at 4:11 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• No way. It is really bad for babies and we will not let our children watch it at that age.
    But to each their own.
    JasonsMom2007

Answer by JasonsMom2007 at 2:54 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I was listening to a radio show the other day and they had a Harvard doctor on who was saying that there should be no TV for children under 2-2.5. And after that the parents need to carefully pick what they watch. The best way for language , and overall development, to flourish is to simply have ongoing interaction with the parents. Talk about everything. Engage the child, etc. Very interesting show.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:02 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• yes! Only if her older siblings a watching. We allow baby einstein.
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:32 AM on Nov. 3, 2010