To Go Or Not To Go that is the ?

Well my fiance has decided on 4 states to move to and he can't figure out which he wants to move to do any of you ladies live in Maine, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Massachussets??? I am scared to move so far away from my family down here in Mississippi but I would feel better to know about the places...Any advice suggestions?

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 2:26 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Travel

• They are all on the east coast. They all have a long of beauty and history to them. If you like seafood, they have the real stuff. Depending how far inland you live or how small the town, you may want to go on line, locate they're local newspaper to see what the cost of housing, jobs, and things you enjoy doing. Massachussets has a wide range of lifestyles. from city to country towns. Some beautiful places. The people vary as well. Some are set in their ways, while the younger generations isn't so stuffy. However, they do help, they are polite. Schools are better too. Again, check their papers to also see what the crimb rate is and how involved they are with their childrens activities. Hope this helps
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 4:29 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• NH property taxes are high. Masschusetts income taxes are high and the Boston area is one of the top highest cost of living areas. Western MA is cheaper. Southern RI is a reasonably low cost area to live in and it is near the beaches. (right at the beach is high however) Google "best places to live" and look at the Money Magazine article to see if any of these states are mentioned. Good luck!! You might want to look at school ratings too if you have school aged kids.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:13 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Just wanted to add that RI will have the least amount of snowfall of the states you mention if that figures into your choice. And I talked about southern RI but northern RI has some beautiful areas too and it is a good location as far as being able to easily get to Boston and Providence.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I'm in MA, property value varied depending on where you want to live in MA. NH has no sale tax and their property value is cheaper than MA.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 10:41 AM on Nov. 4, 2010