Potty training?

Advice on how to train a boy 3 years old? He keeps going without telling me and he can't start pre school until he knows how to potty in the potty seat every once and a while he will tell me I even ask him and he says no mama and then he goes again.

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 2:29 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Dont ask him........take him. Have certain books, toys, video games etc that only can be used sittng on the toilet or after he potties. If you can let him choose something to work towards for having dry pants. A trip to the doller store, little treats at the end of the day. Use a sticker chart. Each sticker he gets for going potty is worth 10 cents or 10 points. Once he earns enough he gets a prize.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 3:13 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Take him every half hour or hour, and praise him profusely when he does go on the potty. Ignore it when he goes in his diaper. Kids thrive on any kind of attention. If you pour your attention into what he's doing right, he'll gear his actions toward that attention.
    h31ga

Answer by h31ga at 9:36 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Just talk it up and rewards him ridiculously when he does good. He will do it when he's ready. I don' think you can teach them you can introduce it and they do it when they are ready.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• WHEN HE EATS OR DRINK KEEP ASKING HIM DO U HAVE TO P??? ETC
    wnnababy

Answer by wnnababy at 1:45 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• like mistynights said Don't ask him, take him. I potty trained my daughter at 24 mon. I took her in and set her on the potty every 15 min. Some times she would go, other times she wouldn't. If she went she got 1 fruit snack for pee and 2 for poop. She was day potty trained in 3days.
    Andi8kay7

Answer by Andi8kay7 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 4, 2010