Eating Disorder adult content

Just curious as to if anyone has/ or has had an eating disorder if so what and what was the reason behind you starting? I know this is deep stuff but it is something I have been dealing with and want to know I am not alone...

liltxnchic

Asked by liltxnchic at 2:44 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Health

• I was anorexic and it turned into bulimia. The reason behind it starting? I don't really know. Maybe because I never felt good enough. Everything is fine now though :) I eat like its goin' outta style.
    alicia.b21

Answer by alicia.b21 at 2:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Drs say that most of it stems from poor self esteem and the media portraying women to lok like toothpicks to be sexy. In reality, men like women to look healthy. It is a silent disease. One that often keeps hidden that no one or few know about. Its shameful usually to the person and if discovered by others the person usually lives in denial. Its a sad, lonely disease controlled by the brain. There are MANY people who you see everyday who have it and you might never know. you don't have to be 80 lbs to have it. I think the only way to overcome it is to just focus on eating good foods and not weight and strive to be healthy for yourself and kids, dh, etc. Good luck to you and God bless.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:52 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I almost became anerexic because food was very hard to come by for me when I was out of a job. When I finally got a job I couldn't eat more than one bite of food because my stomach was not taking it. If I was to force myself through a meal I'd vomit. So what I did was take a bite every couple minutes.. I kept taking bite throughout the day until I trained my stomach back to eating again. I was able to eat full meals again because I was so stubborn with the thought, "I will not let this take over my life. I love food, I will eat. I hate vomiting, I am keeping it down!" To be honest though I was pretty scared that year.
    Bubblz23

Answer by Bubblz23 at 4:24 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I'd go talk to someone, like a counsler or something
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:17 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i don't but it is common. you aren't alone.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2010