How long do we wait? adult content

I'm seeing a new guy. Oh, he's special, and I really feel like I'm connecting with him. We've been on 3 dates so far, and they have all been amazing.

So how long do I wait to sleep with him?

mrskrisher

Asked by mrskrisher at 3:11 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• If you usually move too fast, and this guy is special, then I say wait until you no longer need to ask this question. If you have to ask then it's definitely not time yet.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 3:31 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• 3-6 months , just to make sure he's the man for you. plus make sure he respects you.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 4:09 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Wait it out. My husband waited 6 months and we have been together for 12 years now. Take the time to get to know him, build your relationship, sex only gets in the way. If you want to know his true feelings at this point, leave the sex out for a little bit longer. Good luck.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 8:12 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Third date was my first time with my husband BUT I had known him for years
    alicia.b21

Answer by alicia.b21 at 3:16 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I've known this guy for a less than a full month.

I've always been one to move too fast. I've been with a lot of guys, had a lot of flings, been married and divorced. I want something that will last. I got out of an off and on 1 and 1/2 year relationship at the end of July, and this is the first person I've dated since...
    mrskrisher

Comment by mrskrisher (original poster) at 3:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• dont rush things-- if is gonna happen is gonna happen when you less expected..
    Genesis29

Answer by Genesis29 at 3:33 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• There are no rules so whenever it feels right. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:27 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I would wait, if he really cares and respects you he will want to wait for you. Third date is too soon you may never see him again and he may think your an easy lay. Make him wait at least a month or two or more. Better yet tell him you dont want sex until your married and see how he reacts to that.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• With holding sex isn't a guarantee that he is going to stick around.  You have to follow your gut.   I've been married 22 years and my dh and I started off as a torrid holiday romance.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:39 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• The longer you wait, the better. My therapist recommended 3 months. I did it on the 6th date with my husband - but I felt it was too soon. Fortunately, it all worked out because we feel deeply in love and married 2.5 years later. But it is best to do the opposite of the pattern you had in your past. I think waiting is a really good thing.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2010