Is it ok to give my 7 months daughter taste of chocalate???

Genesis29

Asked by Genesis29 at 3:37 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sweetie I believe that its all up to you as the mommy. My son and daughter started trying real food tiny bits at first at like 4 months just little tastes here and there. If you feel comfortable giving her some then go ahead, oh and for future just because I know this for a fact... chocolate is a laxative a small piece if baby is having issues can help easy things plus they think is yummy :)
    liltxnchic

Answer by liltxnchic at 3:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My son was 2 years his first time, and my youngest hasn't had any yet.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:44 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i don't give that type of stuff till around 2. i try to give little ones milk, veggies and fruits and some grains .. rice, bread.. and maybe some chicken
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:04 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have never thought of chocolate as being a laxative, but rather it causes constipation. Looking online I read that it can do both depending on your body. For this reason alone it might be better to wait to introduce it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My son is 9 1/2 months and I've let him taste little tidbits of things I'm eating depending on what it is. He has had one tiny bite of chocolate and he's fine.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 8:08 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I don't see any reason why not. It's not like you plan on giving her a huge slice of cake, is it?
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:02 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I didn't introduce candy and sweets to my kids until much, much later. To them fruit is very sweet and they don't know that they are missing anything by not having chocolate. I guess I just don't see the point in giving them any?!?

Answer by missanc at 9:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My son is 7 months and there is no way i would give him chocolate at this point. Just my opinion though
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• NO way wait until 1 year
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 4:25 AM on Nov. 4, 2010