A question my doctor can't answer..

I have this strange feeling on my back that feels like there is something crawling under my skin. It's been looked at and there is nothing there... But my doctor said it was very odd, and that he heard about the same thing in pregnant womens' legs, but never the back. It doesn't hurt or anything, I just feel it there and it gets annoying after a while... Can anyone relate? Maybe give me a name for this so I can look up how to get rid of it?

Bubblz23

Asked by Bubblz23 at 3:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Health

• can it be a nerve? does it feel like an electrical sensation?
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:08 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Not really electrical. Just that there is literally something crawling right under my skin. In the same spot..
    Bubblz23

Comment by Bubblz23 (original poster) at 4:17 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I've felt that in various places, even my scalp... I think it's just a nerve. Kinda like when a muscle twitches or your eye... know what I mean?
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 5:32 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• A nerve maybe?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:16 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Wow, the must be driving you crazy! I have no light to shed on this for you but I do hope you get it figured out! I had itchy skin from my head to my toes during my pregnancy from about three months on and there was nothing I could take to get rid of it. I about went nuts dealing with it.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have these issues, but they are most likely related to my health issues. It is very annoying. Can you see a neurologist?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• sounds like "restless leg syndrome" that is common in pregger ladies... but there are medications that can help with the sensation for that... (not sure if they are safe during pregnancy or not... but those that aren't preggers can take the meds and get releif)... i would talk to him again... there has to be something that can be done.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Is it possible to have restless leg syndrome in the back?? My doc says he'd ask around because it sounded very odd. I just wish I could look at it myself... Maybe I have dry skin people may have overlooked. If it is a nerve it should stop after the baby is born right? Because I never had this feeling before I got pregnant. I guess what I'll do is ask my doctor today cuz I have to call him anyway, and see what goes on from there. Waiting it out won't kill me. Lol
    Bubblz23

Comment by Bubblz23 (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Nov. 4, 2010