Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you give up your citizenship and move to another country

with the man you love and raise your children in his country

Answer Question

Asked by canta1980 at 4:08 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Relationships

Level 17 (3,298 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • i wouldn't give up my citizenship. but i would move with my husband. and I have

    Answer by Aasiyah at 4:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • Depends on the country, but if the prospects checked out then absolutely! If my country was the better one, then he would have to move to mine lol. I would take things into consideration such as education stats, crime stats, healthcare, etc etc. Also, some countries allow for dual citizenship with certain other countries.

    Answer by Dakshayani at 6:12 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • I already did that but fortunately I have dual citizenship.


    Answer by beeky at 7:25 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • Most likely not. I can't imagine that.

    Answer by bjane01 at 8:00 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • Yes I would if it was a good country. I have been considering moving my family to Norway...just because I like Norway.

    Answer by ashisamom at 8:01 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • I am an American citizen, and live in another country, his country, with my husband & kids.. Regardless where you live you still American!

    Answer by Monica655 at 9:19 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • In a heartbeat...especially if he's the Austrailian I'm dating

    Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • thanks ladies for your comments.

    Comment by canta1980 (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.