Need breakfast food to go on the run

Any reciepes to make ahead of time so we can pop them in the micro or toaster and go?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 4:11 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• If you like variety then you could do several different things like buy those little frozen sausage biscuits or toaster strudels, frozen waffles are awesome too. Fruit cups are also a great quick breakfast snack, and provides a decent energy boost. Sometimes I get a variety of fruits and portion several out into single serving size Tupperware containers so I can just grab & go. You can also get microwave bacon and scramble some eggs (not TOO bad re-heated) and throw the 2 together in a pita or tortilla shell. Depending on quantity, the eggs won't take that long to scramble in the morning before heading out.
    Hope this helps a little :)
    Dakshayani

Answer by Dakshayani at 6:26 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Over the weekend I made a bunch of homemade croissant breakfast sanwiches with sausage and bacon that I just individually wrapped and froze. They just have to be popped in the microwave and voila...breakfast is served :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:37 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Muffins! I make big batches of homemade muffins (mixes work too, but homemade is cheaper and doesn't have all kinds of weird chemicals/preservatives), wrap individually in plastic, throw in a big ziploc bag, they only take seconds to thaw out.

Breakfast sandwiches: cook sausage patties, bacon, or slices of ham - whichever you prefer. Cook eggs - fried or semi-scrambled. Put on croissants, english muffins, hamburger buns, biscuits, whatever you prefer - you could even use 2 pancakes. Put a meat & egg, plus a slice of cheese, on each sandwich. Wrap individually in plastic & freeze.

If you can find SuperPickle here on cm, she has an awesome food blog with tons of individual freezer foods!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Nov. 3, 2010