I am starting to get worried................

Two of my sisters left their kids with me to go see a movie late last night. They told me it would only be a few hours. I just woke up and realized that they have been gone for 5 hours. And I am just now realizing we have no way to contact them. They are known to party, but I am getting concerned. What should I do?

mommytoJames512

Asked by mommytoJames512 at 7:16 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Your sister doesn't have a cell? I wouldn't call your Mom unless she doesn't show up for a few more hours. Just try to comfort the kids so they don't pick up on anything. Although, by the sound of it they may be used to this type of behavior from their Mom. I can't imagine saying a few hours and then not coming back til the next day. How sad.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 8:02 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Take care of the kids. Be happy that they are safe. It is sad, but your sisters know that they can trust you to do their job. They will probably turn up in the morning.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• relax and don't let the kids know you are worried
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 7:31 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Do you think I should call our Mom? I am debating if I really need to wake her up at 4;30 in the morning over it.
    mommytoJames512

Comment by mommytoJames512 (original poster) at 7:31 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• no i don't think you should call your mom. just wait till morning and see if they show up. if they don't then worry. my aunt used to do the same to me. tell me a few hours and it would turn into overnight.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 7:42 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Its not that I mind watching the kids. Its just that Isiah was asleep when they dropped him off and he doesn't know me. This is the first time I have babysat him and he is getting really scared and asking for his Mommy.
    mommytoJames512

Comment by mommytoJames512 (original poster) at 7:50 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I would call your mom just to let her kno wat is going on.... I would b panicing to tell the truth
    mellibear

Answer by mellibear at 8:02 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I'm assuming they haven't showed up yet? Are they known to just drop and leave like this? You could always call the police but it has to be 24 hours for a missing persons report to be effective. Neither of them have cells?
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 8:03 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• A movie only goes for 2-3 hours max they should b back already....
    , call ur mum
    mellibear

Answer by mellibear at 8:05 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I would just watch the kids and wait for a reasonable hour to call my mom.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2010