OMG woke up to Republican Control...

The only thing I am happy is the moron Governor Patterson is gone and Cuomo is in...His father was awesome and I think he will be too..Other than that, NY tends to be republican so I am not surprised at the results, but saddened that the power has shifted to strongly to the Republicans...They are the ones who got us in this mess we are in during the Bush reign and two years of Democratic control is not long enough to fix all the Republican damage. Oh well...the American people voted them in, so now we will wait to c what, if anything, they can do, or will we go back to war, or maybe even start another one? That seems to be the focus of Rep's politics...that and let's stop a woman's right to choose, prevent gays from marrying, and what other civil liberties can we usurp? Or am I the only one who thinks this??

STEVESBELLA4EVR

Asked by STEVESBELLA4EVR at 7:23 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• DEpley, that's just what I was thinking. Some *ahem* Christian moms on here calling Democrats "losers" and saying that we'll just have to get over it. The sad thing is, America will be the losers now. The states, the citizens and our civil liberties will be the losers. This shift in power will at best result in gridlock, at worst, result in the overturning of rulings that actually helped Americans who were falling farther and farther behind. Even worse is that as America slips into further ruin under this new shift in power, Obama will be blamed, when he didn't have the time to dig us out of the mess that the last administration took eight years to create. He was blamed for what Bush did, the public (many thanks to the screeching of people like Palin and Limbaugh) were led to believe that if he couldn't fix the nation in a day, he was a failure, and now he'll be blamed for the disasters this shift will cause, too.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:09 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Jesus..did u miss those several years that dems had control under GWB or what?

Told ya a pub Tsnami was coming
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:26 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Today is my 82nd birthday, I could not have ask for a better present.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 7:39 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• OP--the words....they just escape me!!!

confused

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:33 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Obama just got us deeper in the hole. Don't give me that b/s that two years wasn't long enough. It would be if he knew waht the hell he was doing. I feel like some of us mom's could form a group and do better than Obama. Lol
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 7:34 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Historic Day yesterday and message is clear on how the American’s feel about what's been happening in Washington.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:48 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lady....let's go drinking.....

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Dude....it's over. Poor you
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:39 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATES!!!!

happy birthday

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:42 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I as a voting REPUBLICAN.. THINK IT WAS A VICTORY.. YEA!!
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 8:01 AM on Nov. 3, 2010