short voting vent...

It ticks me off that nowadays we have to pick the lesser of the two evils for political candidates. There should always be a who is right for our country and state, not which one is less bad!!! Poor America is going down the drain. :(

americanadian25

Asked by americanadian25 at 7:35 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Not true. Get educated with your local reps and get active in the primaries, know your candidates and know your vote.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:38 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think it has always been that way. No one candidate is perfect. There is no way. There are to many opinions floating around for there to be one size fits all candidate in any party.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:38 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have and in Florida at least Hillsborough county, its like voting between a camelion a snake and someone id never heard of.
    americanadian25

Comment by americanadian25 (original poster) at 7:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• There's always 3rd party. This year, there was a Libertarian candidate for almost every single office being voted on in our area. Then you can choose from the lesser of 3 evils, I guess. :)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:52 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I don't vote that way I know my way is always right, not matter what. Nobody will tell me how to live, not that equal rights or that effects me< LOL! What does voting in anyone have to do with my niche in society? I am who I am, they are going to be what they are. Politics will not cross over. See what it does, it just ends up elaborately and expensively controlling anyone however , whatever form it takes. If we are giving to God with our entire true heart we don't keep tabs on political agendas. They aren't debating, anyways. They are always reforming. AND how can reform occur without an earth full of hypocrates.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I hear ya, I am in Fla too!

Answer by older at 8:40 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• It ticks me off that nowadays we have to pick the lesser of the two evils for political candidates

Very true. In a race like in NV, everyone I know said they didn't want Sharon Angle to win....they didn't want REID either..but he was just the lesser of 2 evils. In PA I was happy with Sestak, and sorry he didn't win,,,but he put up the good fight, even against the dem party when they didn't support him

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:45 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I had a really hard time voting for Governer. They both are not so great choices. But...Deal won...he was the greater to two evils. People in GA don't seem to care that he was on the top 10 most corrupt politicians list.....GREAT....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:06 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• The people vote, IF you don't like who you are voting for then you need to get more involved in your local issues and get people to run whom you like.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:15 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• yeah. the latin base of politics technically means "many" (poly-, poli-) "blood sucking creatures" (tics)
    americanadian25

Comment by americanadian25 (original poster) at 9:16 AM on Nov. 3, 2010