pumpkin help

have about 3 smal pumpkins,about the size ued to make a pie.but ihave no idea how to cook fresh pumpkin.i would like to cook one and maybe sve the other two,can i cut them up and freeze them? can someone give me step by step instructions on what to do with them and recipes.i dont want to waste them.

Gods_Girl1979

Asked by Gods_Girl1979 at 7:43 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Here's a link that talks about baking, boiling, or microwaving the pumpkin.

http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Baking-with-Fresh-Pumpkin/Detail.aspx
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:57 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:04 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I didnt read any of the above posts. But my hubby and I have done this the last 2 years with plain ole carvable pumpkins. We cut the outside rind off and cook the meat with some of the spices. We've frozen this and then defrosted and gotten all the access water out before cooking in the pies.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 8:09 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• ty ladies!
    Gods_Girl1979

Comment by Gods_Girl1979 (original poster) at 8:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Break the stem off. Wash the outside. Cut in half. Scrape out the seeds & slime. Turn onto a rimmed baking sheet, cut side down. Add a little water to the pan - 1/2 an inch at the most. Put in the oven at 350 degrees til a knife inserted goes in easily. Take out, let cool enough to handle, and scrape out the flesh. Puree and use just like canned pumpkin. You can also freeze this - much better than freezing raw pumpkin. I'm in the middle of baking 5 of them myself, to freeze in 1.5 cup portions for baking over the winter. This method is a lot easier than trying to cut the skin off raw - plus more is useable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Nov. 3, 2010