Is their any way to tell if i am having a girl or boy and what are some symptoms of a girl or boy

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 8:23 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no way of knowing unless you get the ultrasound done
    hotmama83227

Answer by hotmama83227 at 8:30 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Go get a sonogram.. But as far as the "old wives tales" 99% of them have been proven to be myths.. and totally unreliable!
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 8:35 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i have heard from moms that the sicker you get it is a girl and the less sick you are its a boy lol guess im going to wait and see !!!
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 8:47 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• get an ultrasound that will tell you and is pretty accurate.
    that old wife's tale with if you get sicker its a girl is not true because I had a easy pregnancy, no morning sickness and I had a girl. My friend was just throwing up could hardly eat and she had a boy.
    The only old wifes tale that applied to me was, is you have a girl you carry low and you stomach doesnt get that big. With a boy you supposed to get huge.
    But I dont believe in old wifes tales.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:55 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i was barely sick and had no heart burn and did not show till i was 8months with #1 and it was a girl and #2 i had the morning sickness and heartburn and was so big i had to have help getting up at 6 months and it was a girl and i am 18 wks wtith #3 and still cant stand the smell of raw meat however i refuse to find out what we are having and my bf will know. so there really is no way of know with out an ultrasound.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 9:23 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• every pregnancy is different. i also heard if you're nauseas more it's a girl, etc etc. but mine were opposite. with my son i was nauseas 24/7, and with my daughter im never sick.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I carried a basketball, everyone said so. Strangers would come up to me and ask if I was having a boy or say "your carrying a basketball". However there is a test you can get OTC at a local drug store, I can't think of what it's called right now, but it can tell you as early as 10wks. Hope that helps!
    trublonde130

Answer by trublonde130 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 3, 2010