Should I send him an email or not? All of my friends are telling me to cut all contact but...

I was down in Atlanta on Buisness so I decided to go visit my ex and I ended up staying with him for a few nights. He has a smart ass mouth and always has to give his opinion, even when it's not wanted.I had to catch the Greyhound bus home and he had to take me to the station. He just dropped me off, didn't help me with my bags and we didnt stop to get anything to eat. I was very upset because I thought we were closer than that.I texted him right after he left and told him that I was hurt by how he was treating me. His response was "He can't deal with my emotional ass anymore", "I now see this will never work, take care of yourself and have a good life. I couldn't believe this was his reaction when I was the one being mistreated. So I asked him if he really wanted this to be BYE? and he resonded YES. I want to send him an email expressing how I feel because he really hurt me and I think that will be closure for me.

zoriah26

Asked by zoriah26 at 8:24 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, send the email, get it all out of your system, and do not make the same mistake again of going to see him, start fresh without him.

Answer by older at 8:26 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• His obviously a A - hole I would not waste my time... have u ever herd the saying treat them mean keep them keen.. his probably wanting to get some sort of response from u. wait n c if he contacts u
    mellibear

Answer by mellibear at 8:29 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i dont understand. you went to visit your ex, out of town? and he broke up with you, even though he was already your ex?
    hotmama83227

Answer by hotmama83227 at 8:29 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• He used you and you promoted it. Why rub it in more. He just doesn't care.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:30 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• If he don't then email him wat u have to say and let him kno ur not gunna put up with his crap
    mellibear

Answer by mellibear at 8:30 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• At this point, I don't see that it makes any difference, so if you will feel better, go ahead and send it. But I wouldn't be telling him how badly he had hurt me. I would instead be telling him how foolish I had been to trust someone like himself who was certainly not worthy of my love nor my time. He doesn't care how badly you feel, so tell him about himself. That might do some good!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:30 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Well, my opinion is kindness kills... I would sent him an email and tell him thanks for letting you stay over nite, have a great day. I would just leave it at that. He will respond to that, but don't respond back. Let it go. Move on with your life and don't look back. He will, one day, regret treating you this way and realize he hurt a good woman. Don't let him destroy you anymore. You are better than him.

Country
    country35

Answer by country35 at 8:31 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think you should let it go, and, honestly, that you were both out of line. You say he was your ex boyfriend, and you stayed with him for a few nights. I have had (and have been) an out of town house guest many times. It's customary for the GUEST to be the one to take the HOST out to eat, as a thank you for letting them stay there. (So, not to be mean, but you should have offered to buy him something, instead of asking him to buy you something...) He wasn't your boyfriend when you stayed with him - many ex's wouldn't have allowed you to stay there at all. YES - the polite thing to do would have been to help you with your bags. But, I do have to say, I think sending him a text telling him how hurt you were because he didn't help with the bags or feed you - after he let you (his ex) stay with him was a little over the top on your end, too.

I don't mean that mean, but basically, I think you were both wrong - let it go.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:39 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i definitely agree with country. if you absolutely MUST send an email, just tell him thanks, and let it go.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 8:39 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• @hotmama we had a very confusing relationship, we broke up months ago and still remained close friends. I thought he cared about me but his actions didn't come off like he did.
    zoriah26

Comment by zoriah26 (original poster) at 8:40 AM on Nov. 3, 2010