Why is it so hard for women to get over a guy that clearly doesn't care about them?

I can't get my ex boyfriend off of my mind. He was a pure asshole and I don't need to deal with him anymore but I feel like shit about us cutting all communication and I'm sure he is just living his life and on to the next female. I hate that we as women are such emotional driven creatures that it sometimes clouds our judgement. How do you go from talking to a guy for a whole year almost everyday on just about all of the social networks ie (Facebook, Skype, Oovoo) and of course the telephone, to not speaking at all. He is the one that cut me off. And I still want to reach out. I feel stupid;-(

zoriah26

Asked by zoriah26 at 8:32 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• We are masochists by nature, may I recommend reading this book: Breaking up without breaking down, you can get it at a web site with the same name just add .com.

Answer by older at 8:36 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Thanks I will look that up
    zoriah26

Comment by zoriah26 (original poster) at 8:45 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Women are very different from men when it comes to emotions and bonding. Every time a woman bonds with a man and he rips himself away from her, he takes a part of her with him, so that we wind up being not 100% emotionally whole. If healing ever comes, it comes very, very slowly. This is even more true when women have been sexually intimate with the men.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:49 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My opinion... is it's becuase something we can't have.. alomost like it's a challange in our minds.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 8:50 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• have to agree with Bobbie Jo, and the fact that we think he will change his mind or that we must change to make him want us again.. I was in an emotionally and at some points physical abuse with a guy for a whole year of my life.. I thought he was a god and I was scum of the earth and could not do better.. they tend to put you in this state where you need them you rely on them and you wont do well without them. when they have used you up they spit you out and yet you go back for more.. the way i dealt with it was by meeting a new guy.. of course not the best choice as you bring baggage but it helped me realise I didnt need that guy and that there are better men out there for you.. hang in there.. this is new to you and you have lost something even though its not a nice thing its a security and comfort blanket in a sense.. just keep yourself occupied and hang out with friends as much as possible. goodluck
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• As for me, he was the first guy that was interested in me in 5 years. Every woman likes to be told that she's pretty. Then he pulled the rug out from under my feet. I have to realize I was not pretty because he told me I was. I was pretty all along, he just happened to be the first one to notice it.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 9:33 AM on Nov. 3, 2010