Do you Pack Away

the summer clothes or do you just keep both seasons in your drawers?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 8:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Each spring and fall I pack away 1 season and bring out the others clothes. I sort out the clothes into "keep", "sell" and "donate" piles and then put them into the appropriate bins and store them in the attic until the next season. The 'donate' items are bagged up and taken to Goodwill right away. I don't have room in my closet, or the kids closet to keep the out of season clothes, and I also don't want to have to pick thru wrong season things to get to the appropriate clothing. (especially on hectic mornings).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I live in the south - there are some winters where the kids can wear shorts and t-shirts one week and are bundled up the next week. So we don't pack anything up.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:34 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I live in the south too...I pack up real thin stuff but i always keep out a few short sleeve things so I can layer them for the kids. Im always cold So i wear jeans or capris all summer anyway. I never have much to pack. And hubby is the same, his winter coat is a hoodie lol! Hes easy to handle when switching seasons!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I don't "pack them away per say, but I do have a different spot for them.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i keep both
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 1:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• We have big enough closets, we don't have to worry about packing anything away.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 2:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Pack them away.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2010