Yesterday at my GYN appt I found the funniest thing under the exam table...

After my exam, I got up to get dressed. And noticed under the table beside the foot pedal thing a Glade refreshner thing. One of those gel ones!
I though that was funny of all places to put an air freshner, why there? Some women must smell so bad down there! LOL
I always shower right before my GYN appts!

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 9:17 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, that's the first thing I would have noticed, and my husband and I would have joked about it too! (he goes to all my OBGYN appts with me). I ALWAYS shower before goign to the OBGYN. And I don't mean a few hours before. I'll shower like right before I walk out the door. lol
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 9:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I went in for an exam once at my previous OBGYN right after another woman left. I walked in with the nurse and I almost threw up with the odor of foul fish that I told the nurse that I cannot stay in this room. She put me in another & apologized. True story, sorry for the TMI but I can't believe someone would not clean themselves better before getting an exam. That poor Doctor. GROSSSSSS....
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:27 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• LOL thats funny, I have never seen one at mine. I think i'll look next time. I too shower b4, I just feel bad if I did not. I also wont have sex 48 hours b4
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:20 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I always enjoy the pictures my GYN posts on the ceiling. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:20 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Poor Dr... He has seeing it and smell it all! lol

Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 9:26 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Everyone should shower daily. I would hate to have that job. Just imagine all the toot toots that come through there.
    Num1GIGI

Answer by Num1GIGI at 9:30 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• From a nurses point of view, you would be suprised at the number of people who dont shower before their exam :( I feel bad for some people because I fell like they either dont realize that they have a strong body odor or they have such financial problems that good soaps etc are just not in the budget. So, you put the air freshner in conspicuous places to try not to make it so obvious.
    kemalloy

Answer by kemalloy at 9:30 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Well, I always scrub extra hard and good down there before I go lol..but let's face it, having a job with a hoochy hoo and an a$$hole in your face every 10 minutes must at times be down right gross!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:21 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I ALWAYS clean down there before an appointment. even if i showered within 12 hours i still do a spot-clean before i leave lol. if i end not being able to clean before i leave (which happens a lot being a single parent) i cancel the appointment.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 9:39 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• LOL! I've never seen anything funny at mine!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 3, 2010