is it important for you to take your kids in at a certain time to get professional portraits taken?

its not like my number one priority, but every few yrs i like to take them in and get pictures done. what about you? i know some moms go in seasonaly and do this, some parents go in yearly, and some parents not at all. what do you do?

hotmama83227

Asked by hotmama83227 at 9:29 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• I haven't done it yet... but my Mom got our photos taken every year around the same time. It was annoying through the years as a child and young adult but looking back at it now, I am soooo happy she did. I plan on doing the same for my daughter.
    NewMommie333

Answer by NewMommie333 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I went last year, and it was a hassle. Maybe when she's older.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:53 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I take my own pictures. My oldest has only had school pictures done and personally I like mine much better and it is so much cheaper.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:54 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I used to do it every three months and every holiday. Then I couldn't afford it any longer and just bought a camera. Since buying my newest camera I do my own photo's at home and they look really good! If I don't try to make them look semi-professional then I just go with natural poses (which I like more anyhow). :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:04 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I went out and bought a wonderful..although very expensive Cannon Camera now I take my own pics. God provides a wonderful backround outside. I am so happy with my camera!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:26 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I used to, but I was never happy with them. They all looked so stiff and posed. I like the more casual pictures that I take. I constantly take pictures. So usually by this time I have a few I love for holiday cards.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:30 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think that pictures are great memories... I used to take a lot of hard copy ones (back in a days) so my mom will go back to Argentina and show off about the family and & kids! Then we became virtual, and we still take tones of pics but is not the same... the old school grandma still wants the paper ones!!.. Anyways the formal family portraits, we did it a couple of times when we took a Cruise..(is a perfect time, since we are all there!)

Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I used to go every year for Christmas to JC Penney Portraits. Now he is older and so we stopped and just take pics from home.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I took my DS in every month on the 22nd (day he was born), up until he was a year old. Then it's once a year on his birthday. Did/do the same thing for our DD....and yes, it was a hassle and a pain in the a$$ at times, but I'm so glad that I did it. And we also go take pictures for Christmas once a year as a family.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• It's really not high on the priority list; at least, not like it was when she was still an infant. Daddy is a professional photographer, so we don't really worry about it now. Once she's in school, it'll just be the school photos. If she wants other photos done, she can let us know and we'll see what we can do.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2010