Am I the only one who hates Halloween? I don't know why, I'm trying to like it for my kids, but it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in General Parenting

• You just suck it up.
    I don't like Halloween either. I didn't like it as a kid and I like it even less now. I try to for the kids because they have so much fun dressing up and going out but it seems so pointless to me and always causes a big fight over costumes.
    In the end I don't even let my kids eat most of the candy. They just don't need that much junk. (They didn't eat any tonight since they didn't clean their rooms). But they love it so much. I can't wait for them to outgrow Halloween.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:19 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• well, first, why do you hate it?
    Anonymous

• I don't like Halloween either. I hate it! I hate people in costumes. It freaks me out. My husband doesn't like it either. We pretend to, for our daughter's sake, but we loathe it. Oh...we live in Salem, Massachusetts, the Halloween capital of the world. Oh, joy!
    Anonymous

• i think it is a waste of a day. asking for candy that I won't let my child eat anyway. And I don't like the bloody and evil side of it that my kids have to see. I just can't justify it as a day to participate in unless I can come up with one good reason.
    Anonymous