do you host thanksgiving? or do you go somewhere else?

and if you host, are you excited? or are you dreading it? i am excited lol

hotmama83227

Asked by hotmama83227 at 9:40 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Holidays

• I don't host holidays anymore as my house is very small and I am told it is "out of the way" for some family members who live in another city. Usually we go to either my mom's or my mil's, although this year my sister is having it so we are going to her house.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:45 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I hosted Thanksgiving last year for the first time. We decided this year to rotate it, because my older sister and dad all want the chance as well. Therefore, this year my sister is hosting it for the first time this year. I'm excited, because I haven't been down that way (2hrs away) in quite a few months. It's the area that I grew up. Next year it'll be my mom/Dad's turn and then the year after that it'll be my turn again. Unless we can afford to go to Arizona or Washington State to celebrate it with my other two sisters.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:47 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I love Thanksgiving! We go to my brother in law's in laws' for Thanksgiving day. But, we host our own Thanksgiving on the Sunday after. I love to do all of the cooking (And my hubby and I prefer my meal. But shhhh, don't tell anyone! lol) So we have the best of both worlds. We visit my hubby's family and my family all in one weekend. Everyone is happy!
    My secret is a fresh turkey. They taste amazing! Never dry.
    jocelynred

Answer by jocelynred at 9:49 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• We are going onto our 6th year. I love it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Both. I have three different family Thanksgiving meals. I host one and then other members of the family host the other two. I'm excited. I love to cook and bake.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:53 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have been hosting for the majority of the past 17 years. Occasionally we went out to my grandmother's when she was still alive. The past few years have been filled with people coming and staying just long enough to eat, barely spending time with us or the kids (the only grandkids in the country!) So this year we are going to a friend's house. It ought to be a blast. She's a wonderful cook from Israel and most everyone will speak Hebrew as well as English. I suppose it is what the US is all about.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:04 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• the last 6 years or so we have been in a different state than any of our family so we stay home and no one comes over- it's jsut the 4 of us

lame...
    I hate cooking the whole meal and all for the 4 of us(it's a LOT of work for just us)- BUT I know if I don't I will feel worse about it and I want my kids to have a nice Thanksgiving so...I do it anyway
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:05 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I host. Every yearI do because my dadand mom are divorced he comes here. He doesn't have anyone to cook for. My brother and his wife comehere for thanksdgiving and we go to their house for christmas. But they lost their house at the beginning of the year so not sure how that will work. My mom does her own with her new dhand my sister usually does her own but I think she might comehere this year. I also have about 10 other people that are coming on top of all those people. We usually get about 30 people. It's crazy fun.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:19 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• We usually visit family. I was wanting to do our own thing this year, but my husband has to work, so we'll probably go to my mom's.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 3, 2010