How would you react if your husband gave you a STD??? Would it matter what STD he gave you? I have not been with anyone since we met 6 1/2 yrs ago and my STD screening then and 2007 was clean. Would you leave him? adult content

My DH and I were seperated for a year. When we got back together in 2008 I asked him if he had slept with anybody during the seperation. I very clearly expressed my reasoning of not wanting to get a STD and if he ahd slept with someone I would want him to get checked. He swore up an down that he hadn't slept with anyone. I have not slept with anybody since we met 6 1/2 years ago. I had a full screening in 2007 when I got pregnant and that was clean. Well, he has now admitted to sleeping with 6 girls during our seperation 2 years ago. I am getting tested on Friday. He asked if I was going to leave him if I have something. I didn't answer and he said I would be completely selfish if I did. I told him he played Russian Roulette with my life and the safety of our childrens future. What if we both have HIV? I told him if he had told me back then he could have gotten checked and protected us all from his lack of maturity.

Caoimhe_Oona

Asked by Caoimhe_Oona at 9:45 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Um, yes. That just breaks the whole honesty thing of a relationship!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:47 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• yes!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 9:49 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• YES! And get tested for everything ASAP. And tell him to get tested ASAP.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:50 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• yes definitely. thats risking your life without telling you before hand! isn't there a law about that? i thought i read on our local papers website some girl sued a guy and won because he didnt notify her that he had HIV and had unprotected sex with her and she got infected.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Once a cheater.. ALWAYS a cheater in my book. I hope not in your case. But..i have to wonder... would you have left if he had admitted to cheating back then? What does the STD have to do with whether you leave him or not? Wouldnt the fact that he lied to you and slept with 6 other women be enough? I dont know if you would ever be able to gain that trust back if you stay. If he lied about that.. I wonder how many other things he has or will lie about. I'm sorry you have to go through this.. that's rough =(
    NewMommie333

Answer by NewMommie333 at 9:53 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• yes, i would probably leave him. Some may say that what he did during the seperation was none of my business...but SIX WOMEN!?!?! I would be very pissed about his lying & especially if he gave me an STD, he would be out on the curb. It would take me a long time to just get over the fact that he slept with six women in a year.

I know revenge is not good, but i would so want to hook up with someone else if i was in your shoes.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:54 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• So, while separated he had UNPROTECTED sex?? Then lied to you about it and had unprotected sex with you. I think regardless of the outcome, I mean, sure its worse if you have something, but he's certainly not off the hook if you don't, right? I'd be beside myself over this, I'm sorry you are dealing with it. In an effort to save himself the difficult task of admitting sleeping with other women before your reconciliation, he put your life and your child's life at risk. I'm not sure how you get over that. I guarantee he wasn't thinking of the severity of all this, he was just looking to get back to his life, but damn, how can you be so stupid??
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:57 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I would not have been mad he slept with the women but the fact I asked him and he lied about it. i would leave.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I would be extremely pissed off, if for no other reason than it's pretty damn easy to throw on a condom and avoid the entire problem.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:59 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• if my husband and i were separated once we got back together i would tell him of anyone i slept with and i would expect the same of him. your husband lying to you about cheating, even when separated is worse than doing it but being honest. Good luck, mama. :I
    americanadian25

Answer by americanadian25 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 3, 2010