pregnancy test....

Can u get a positive result as early as 2 weeks after conception? When does it usually show up a positive result after conception?

I had my period on 13th oct, after af ended, we had intercourse. The next day, I had brown discharge for about 8 days. I post a question & they all asked me to have a test. So I did, it was positive. Yesterday I went to the planned parenthood and get another test, it came out positive too. The nurse told me my due date based on my last mestrual period which is the 14th sept. Based on that, Im now 6 weeks pregnant.

Im confused about the period that I had on the 13th Oct. Isn't it too soon to detect a positive result? Im worry whether its a false positive or any other problem inside me. If I go to the doctor, will they do the untrasound?

grayima

Asked by grayima at 9:16 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you can't get a false positive, b/c it only comes up positive if it detects the pregnancy hormone. and yes 2 weeks is about right for how long before the preg. hormone starts showing up. good luck
    Anonymous

• fasle positives are EXTREMELY rare.

congrats :)

was your period on the 13th totally normal? if not, it could have been implantation bleeding and not your period.

but yes if you are worried about the due date, they can do an ultrasound to get a more accurate date. Just tell your doc about the period in Oct and that they said your last one was Sept.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• storkI got my positive LITERALLY 10 days after conception. CONGRATS mommy-to-be!!!

leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 9:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2008