When using CD do you use Vinegar and Baking Soda?

I am now switching over to CD and I see that they suggest to add some baking soda to prewash and vinegar to rinse cycle. I never pay attention to when my washer is in which cycle and am afraid I will miss it. Any tips?

smiley011479

Asked by smiley011479 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What is CD???
    Anonymous

• what is cd?
    Anonymous

• cloth diapering.
    And you can. I'm not a huge help, I'll start CDing when the little one comes. But I live in an apartment, and our washers do not have options for rinse cycles or anything like that.
    You can just sprinkle a little baking soda on top of the diaps when you put them in the dirty bin. It'll help a bit w/smell, and be there when you wash. Vinegar, you might have a little section on your washer for fabric softener, I think that is where you would put the vinegar. If you don't have that, I wouldn't worry. I'd put it in once in awhile, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary.
    And if they start to stink from soap build up you can strip them in the dishwasher with a SMALL amount of dawn dishsoap. Look around on the web, many cloth diapering stores will have sections on how to care for your diapers, and you can google washing cloth diapers and also come up with a lot.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 10:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2008