Morning Motivation?

Okay, So i'm not a morning person, I have two boys and i work full-time. My mornings are horrible, i'm not lazy i'm just exhausted. I want to succeed in life and get more, but getting up and getting motivated to make that money is hard. What are some of the morning routines that help you get up in the morning and get started with your day? :) P.S. I did get up and go to work today but it was horrible. lol

phoenixjuelz

Asked by phoenixjuelz at 9:57 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• Get organized the night before. Pick out your clothes, have your kids make their lunches and pick out their clothes, get their backpacks ready, get the coffee pot ready so all you have to do it flip the switch, Have cereal bowls, spoons, and cereal on the table so in the morning all they have to do is grab the milk,....most of this stuff your children can do and give them rewards for doing so. That way you have less to do in the morning and you may be more motivated to get up...rather than getting even more tired thinking about all you have to do before you go to work.
    I know after work just getting dinner ready and cleaned up can be a chore too but seriously your mornings will be better if you can more stuff done in the evenings.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yeah, I get the the bags ready the night before, i take the clothes out but i dont iron until the morning so i should change that. See most of my morning i'm fighting with my son to get up. He's 4 years old does that tell you everything. lol. Then i have a 11 month old. Your so right though i can myself tired just thinking of everything i have to do.
    phoenixjuelz

Comment by phoenixjuelz (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i get up before everyone else let the dog out, coffee, shower , walk the dog, then start with kids and lunches etc. i work from home but i am still in a rush form 545 am-8am. i have to have coffee and shower and a walk helps me get going. just a loop around the block but i feel motivated. sucks when the weather is bad but i do it for me. i dole out one chore some mornings to my kids(ages 10.11 and 6)...even if it is empty dishwasher,take out trash or vacuum living room. they know i am not as grumpy so they do it. i do pick out clothes night before but lunches i like fresh that morning. maybe music if that wakes you? GL
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 12:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Thanks! I think i'm gonna give that a try. Wake up and take a walk bring my ipod and listen to some music. I think that will actually to the trick. Thanks..
    phoenixjuelz

Comment by phoenixjuelz (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I've been a night owl my whole life. I do what I can the night before so only the bare minimums need done in the morning. Getting up is still hard for me. Mornings are the enemy. Honestly, I dont think anything will change. Maybe your motivation can be you don't want to be fired for being late, so you get yourself there on time.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• LOTS of coffee, lol. I also figure out what I want to be able to do with the earnings from working (like buy a house, etc.) and that usually keeps me going.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I love this question!!! Over the years, I have slowly become not a morning person! And after being a SAHM for the past 6 years, it is even worse. The worst part is, I know how much I could get done in the mornings if I just drug myself out of bed earlier!! And most of the time, I won't even be asleep ~ just laying there ~ all comfy ~ thinking about how I should get up and get moving!! How sad is that! But once I get up, I am good for the day. I am working on it and I know I can get there someday. Over the summer, I did get up a little earlier to exercise before the kids got up, but now that school is back in, I would have to get up way, way early for that to happen. Needless to say, the exercising has subsided ~ again!! And, I also dont' always sleep good, so falling back to sleep when hubby leaves in the morning is sometimes too easy!! Just know you are not alone!! Good luck!!
    jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 10:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2010