teething

My 5 month old daughter cut 2 teeth on wednesday and it seems since then she barely takes her bottle. Does drinking cause her gums to be more sore? Or is there another reason shes not drinking that much and i should be concerned?
Thanks in advance!

emilysmom401

Asked by emilysmom401 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• u know when my son was a baby he did that as well i think it was more of them like '' hey theres something there was is that and it hurts'' soon she will be biting her nipple off of the bottle so watch that if u give her some of them little ''snack'' things that like disalve but yet will help her thats what i did good luck in everything the both of you do now and 4- ever
    ashli270

Answer by ashli270 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I think the pressure from the sucking makes their gums hurt. Try giving her some tylenol or motrin or teething tablets or something. Or try putting some baby orajel on her gums to numb them right before you feed her. (I know it sounds nasty, but babies don't seem to mind as much as we do.)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:12 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• its all new to her right now,
    give her some tyenol or motrin, hon
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:53 AM on Nov. 1, 2008