Has anyone else suffered from severe abdominal pain with their first period after having their tubes tied??

I Just got my tubes tied 3 weeks ago and now i'm having random pains in my stomach up higher than normal period cramps. I can feel the cramping in my lower back, but i have no cramping in my ovaries, just really sharp pains above my stomach close to my rib cage. I'm bleeding a lot heavier than normal, but I'm thinking it's just because it's my first period since the surgery. Does anyone else have any similar stories for when they got their tubes tied??? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Health

• Yes! And it doesn't get better. My periods are heavier and cramps worse. What works for me is taking Advil for 24 hours at the start of my period.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yes, I did. However my period DID get better. Well, the PAINS got better, my flow, however, got heavier. It's a crap shoot how you're going to react after the tubal is done =(
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 12:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yes but that is because it was my first time being off of birth control since I had my oldest, so it was just back to normal for me. Google PTLS because it is real and could be what is happening to you.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• sorry, still have my tubes untied... but heres a bump!
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2010