How do you wean a baby that won't take a bottle, cup or sippy sup?

My baby is 9 months old and I have been trying to get her to take a bottle (I have spent a fortune on different kinds, formula, pumping) since she was 6 weeks old, as well as my babysitter. She is the most stubborn baby either of us have encountered and I have had a terrible time with breatsfeeding, yeast infections, chapping....you name it and have suffered through it. SHe now has 8 teeth and is biting me and wanting nurse at night more than when she was a newborn. I would be willing to try cold turkey, if she would drink something another way,....we do get her to take a couple of ounces throught the day from a sippy cup, but she has yet to actually drink. I am worried about dehydration if I try to just not give her the breast.

BriNAddymom

Asked by BriNAddymom at 10:05 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try a regular cup?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:08 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• ask this question in the Breastfeeding Moms group. I don't have any advice because neither of my kids would take a bottle either but I know how you feel. I started giving sippy cups at 5-6 months old though and they did fine with that so at least I could leave them for a little while when needed. Have you tried cutting out feedings during the day? Is she eating solids?
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 10:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My son didn't want to take a bottle either (especially from me) until I had to go away for a week... Try having his dad do it when you aren't around... GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 3, 2010