what do you think???

im 39 wks pregnant with a girl. a yr ago sunday i lost a baby girl named Casey Pamela. what do you guys about naming a baby after a sibling that has died? not using the full name but only 1 of the names of the child??

cassandra156

Asked by cassandra156 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it's a lovely idea. My sister's first name is our deceased sisters middle name.
    Anonymous

• I think it's a very sweet idea :)

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:47 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Yes, that's very nice.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 9:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i think it is a nice idea my daughter has my deceased  sisters middle name, and my nannys first name. she was named after both of them. i think its a very special name to give her.

sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 10:13 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• whatever you feel is right for her! you know best,mama!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 10:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i think its a good thing, its really up to you what you feel is right..
    mblucky

Answer by mblucky at 11:29 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I was named after a deceased sister, and honestly, do not mind it at all. It is actually an honor to have her name. I think it's a sweet way to remember a loved one.
    Anonymous

• Whatever yuo feel is rigth for your family. I would just make sure that by giving her one of the names I am not trying to replace my other child (I'm sure your not, just want the legacy to live on) Congrats
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• . If it were me, i dont think I would be able to name my child after one that I have lost because it would be a constant reminder of some someone who I have lost. But, in the end its your choice. GL...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• was u still pregnant when u lost her?if she was born and has a birthcertifiacte then i wouldnt do it,mabe just the middle name
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:50 AM on Nov. 1, 2008