Does anyone do scrapbooks for other people?

I am looking to start a business that puts scrapbooks together for other people, they would bring me their pictures and pick out the book and what embellishments they would like, does anyone do this, what do you charge an hour?

lapcounter

Asked by lapcounter at 10:19 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• $12 minimum.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Annon is that what you charge or what you would pay because some projects are well worth more then that, especially when doing digital.

lapcounter

Comment by lapcounter (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I'd pay more than that, but I understand that crafting takes a lot more time than the general public thinks. That's what I charge.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Thank you. If you don't mind me asking how did you get started? Do you have a company you order more through? I am going to use Creative Memories, do you digital, traditional or both? Thanks again. Oh and do you advertise and where?

lapcounter

Comment by lapcounter (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I answered anonymously because I won't advertise on CM. I do it for friends, family, and referrals only. If I advertise and get a large base it stops being fun. I've always been a crafty person so it just seemed like a natural progression.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Oh good point about it stopping to be fun if you are too busy. Do you use a particular company like Creative Memories?

lapcounter

Comment by lapcounter (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Well, I can't tell you for sure. Will you be purchasing the crafting supplies or will they? If you are, then you will want to charge them the price of supplies plus X number of dollars per hour to complete the work. You might want to look online or in the phone book to see if there is anyone locally or regionally who does this and see what they charge. On one hand, you don't want to charge more than everyone else but on the other hand, you still want to make a profit. You'll also have to consider, too, that you'll need to pay for miscelleneous business expenses. Things like business cards, a website, a business phone number, marketing materials, maybe a stand at a local craft show, ect.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• No they will pay for supplies because they will have a catalog to decide what style of book they want to order, Facebook is free, LOL, and I already have business card etc for another business I do. I am more curious to see what someone charges an hour, more if you are doing digital or more if it is traditional?

lapcounter

Comment by lapcounter (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2010